Post Judgment Modifications

Post Judgement Modifications

Justin J. Sasser | Post Judgment Modifications in Maryland

Maryland Post Judgment Modifications Lawyer

After a divorce has been entered by a Court and/or a settlement agreement reached circumstances may arise in which you wish to modify an existing court order or terms of an agreement. In cases where there has been a substantial change in the circumstances of one of the parties, it may be possible to get a modification to the terms involving child support, spousal support or child custody.

Contact Justin J. Sasser. As a Maryland post judgment modifications attorney and founder of the Law Offices of Justin J. Sasser, LLC, I have more than 25 years of experience handling family law issues. Whether you are paying or receiving support, or if you wish to seek a change in child custody arrangements I can help guide you through the modification process.

Modifying Spousal Support

Spousal and partner support orders can be modified upon a substantial change in circumstances from those when the order or agreement was made — unless there was an agreement to limit modifiability. However, if your ex achieves or enhances gainful employment, or fails to achieve expectations in the original court order or judgment, it may be possible to modify or eliminate an order for spousal support (maintenance or alimony). I can review your current situation and let you know whether you may be eligible to seek a change in your order for spousal support.

Modifying Child Support

Initial calculations to determine the amount of child support are fairly cut and dry. However, those calculations are based on the parents’ current income and employment status at the time of the separation or divorce. As child sharing schedules change, the Maryland formula for child support also changes. Given the uncertainties surrounding employment, it is possible that one parent may have experienced a significant bump or reduction in income or may have lost a job altogether. When this occurs, I can help you pursue a modification to orders for child support.

Changing the Terms of Child Custody and Visitation

There are any number of circumstances that may necessitate a change in child custody, visitation and co-parenting. Employment opportunities or a change in jobs may require one parent to move far away. Schedules may change as emotions fade and children age. A parent may be unfit to care for a child due to chemical dependency issues or a chronic illness. Whatever the case may be, I will work hard to help modify a custody plan so that it will serve the best interests of your child.

Contact a Maryland Child Support Attorney

If you are seeking a change in child support, spousal support or child custody, I am prepared to help. Contact me, a Maryland modifications lawyer, online or by phone at 301-627-4300 to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.